Saturday, June 19, 2010

Falcon Lake Race Report


From the desk of Bruce...

Rory and I got up at 5:30 on Sunday morning.  This time we wanted to get there in lots of time and ride at our leisure the practice lap.  It was wet and muddy.  I have never seen such a wet course.  Ok.  I haven't seen many courses, but even the grass trails ate half your tire.
Our practice lap prepared us to get dirty.  Rory took a few spills in his race, which I handily beat by losing count how many times I either fell off or got off and pushed.  I do remember that it was only once that I went right over my handlebars into a grassy puddle about a foot deep.  I did not want to do that again.  I felt like I was wearing a ghillie suit when I got up with all the grass in my visor.  

I got eighth! Rory ended with a six place.  Overall, I am in 11th place in my category and Rory is fourth.

Next race is at Rose Isle.  Saturday, June 26.

No comments:

Post a Comment