Monday, June 1, 2009

Vancouver Thursday / Wednesday Ride

Wednesday May 27th was a beautiful day for riding in Vancouver, BC.  One day into my thirty-ninth year of existence I enjoyed a full day of cruisin' with my lovely wife Cynthia and our beloved sones Jacob and William.
 
Renting our bikes (I'll describe them as moderate renters) from Reckless Bikes on Davie and Pacific we cruised along False Creek on the Seawall.  Check out this awesome interactive map...
 
 
We headed out cruising along False Creek, past a few parks and all the way up to Stanley Park.  Here we branched out checking out the Totem Poles, a water park, a few beaches, and almost anything else we found interesting.  I must say Vancouver is the most amazingly bike-friendly city I've ever experienced.  Cycling is god.  Bike lanes abound, motorists actually RESPECT cyclists and no matter what you're looking for (flat/hard/mountains/off-road) they've got it.  Talked to a friend of my cousin's who had spent Saturday morning riding up Cypress Mountain.  He was wasted (this coming from a guy who biked from Vancouver to Winnipeg last summer).  Awesome.
 
Looking forward to this week's Thursday night ride...
 
El Presidente
 

No comments:

Post a Comment