Thursday saw the ABES riders return to racing. It'd been awhile since we'd pitted ourselves against each other and the chilly temps and biting winds weren't enough to dissuade 8 brave souls. The bitter cold was a great inspiration for the MemoryCat. No pens, no lights, just a rider and his bike. And hopefully the brainpower to remember what they saw.
No more details about the actual race since I'll be re-running this baby on Sunday for the Athena ladies. So check back for Sandra's perspective (she's a better wordsmith than me anyways).
Race results are as follows...
1. Steven 25:27 - 25:00 (memory bonuses) = 00:27
2. James 31:34 - 25:00 = 6:34
3. Shaun 25:53 - 17:00 = 8:53
4. Johnny 24:25 - 13:00 = 11:25
5. Ben 29:46 - 17:00 = 12:46
6. Paul W. 31:39 - 17:00 = 14:39
7. Gavin 29:29 - 12:00 = 17:29
8. Albert 31:59 - 13:00 = 18:59
Steven took home $30 for the win and James $10 for the podium finish. Actually Steven took home nothing since he graciously bought a round with his winnings. Class act.
Lots of things were discussed that night (the race was short) but I lost my notes and can't remember. Post your comments/reminiscences below.