Sunday, July 1, 2012

Minnewasta MTB ride

Saturday saw hot temps and sweet single track as a few of us hit Colert Beach for some family fun.   PK and I hit the trails first and did the full Lake loop followed by the gravel ride out to the Trans Canada trail. I made the same mistake I usually make, trying to keep pace with a much faster rider.  Well, not exactly true.  Trying to keep pace with a much STRONGER rider.  After the first 15 minutes my lungs were burning and I knew PB's steady, constant pace was a bit much for me.  So I apologize PB for dragging you down.  But I had fun anyways and it was great practice for the upcoming 24 Hours of Falcon Ridge.  Ride map here:

http://maps.google.com/?q=http://share.abvio.com/d01c/3d1b/afde/728c/Cyclemeter-Cycle-20120630-1441.kml

Steven and Gavin got a bit of a later start and rode a slightly different route, somehow managing to ride grass paths and discovering newly built houses.  When they returned the Athena riders took their turn.  Sandra, Joanne and Cindy rode the trails with Cindy in flip-flops, Joanne riding Gavin's skipping steed and Sandra completing a full endo.  Nice work!

Post-ride saw us retreat to the air-conditioned comfort of the Morden DQ for dinner and ice creamy treats.  Good times!


2 comments:

  1. Peanut Butter? Pooch Bag? Paul Bagman? What? This is the kind of thing that drags me down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn it PK! MY apologies....(and it has been corrected)

    ReplyDelete