Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Thursday Night Ride


There are so many options for our Thursday Night Rides: road rides, alley cats, Moto 10, time trials, the Miller oval, regular cruises - I love it.  Our last attempt at running races at Miller did not work as people opted for naps and leaving without notice.  Let's try it again and see how many people show up.  We need at least 6 to make it work but 10 - 12 would be better.  Can we get enough ABES to witness the power and fun of the track?  I hope so.  Let's go with the 1 lap TT, 2 lap TT, and 18 lap relay race (3 laps per round).  One of my stopwatches was left out in the rain (I love my kids) so we need to race while we still have the technology.  We'll start with a lap around town to get the blood pumping.  See you at 8:00.  JS

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys, I know you will see the info on the FGBC blog, but I just wanted to extend a personal invite to a Short Track XC race next Tuesday, Aug 10. Please feel free to join in the fun. The trails are new this year, flowy and fun, have been mowed, but need riders to help keep em burnt in. Anyway, this will just be about having fun. Post ride fun will also be available - location for that TBD.
    Pre-race meeting place is my house at 1140 Lee Blvd in Winnipeg, and then we will ride over to the trails (takes 10 minutes).

    If any of you can make it, you are more than welcome to join in the fun.

    Thanks,
    Kevin Braun

    ReplyDelete