Friday, February 6, 2015

ThNR Report

          Dan, Lonnie, Gavin, Jonny, Paul, Shaun, James, Curt and Franklin came together to cycle around Altona.   Dan really wanted to go see the moon, but the first order of business was to go to David’s to watch the new MB cx doc featuring Altona’s own Cheryl Koop.  After the show and refreshments (thanks David) we all hit the dirt roads to check out the moon, which had disappeared behind the clouds (sorry Dan).  We lapped the town and regrouped at the clubhouse where we were joined by Tom and Duker.  Minutes included: bitching about work is cathartic but lame, we are not good at pacts, Lars and the Altona Bike Club are all right by us,  Kane is no Lowry, skinsuits are awesome on other people, Corny is gone (boo) = chips and nuts (yay?), Shaun looks really trim in his new jackets.  I remember laughing a bunch, but I don’t really remember why, perhaps it’s just as well. 

           “I seemed to be upon the verge of comprehension, without the power to comprehend as men, at times, find themselves upon the brink of remembrance, without being able, in the end, to remember.” 
 Edgar Allan Poe, The Murders in the Rue Morgue: The Dupin Tales

          This weekend is shaping up nicely for a bit of snow but not too much. Maybe a creek ride is in order? 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the report Franky. I think I remember some of that too.
    I'd be in for a ride. I need to get back on the horse after my last creek crash.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. meet you at 3:30 at your place.

    ReplyDelete