Sunday, September 18, 2011
Dark Cross Report
- Sweet Cheryl Koop was the second woman in her race
- Fellow ABES racing: David, Steven, Steve, Bruce, DB, Albert, Brian (?), Cheryl, Mia, other Altonians: Franklin and Bethany and past Altonan - Sierra. Ben - where were you? - Music, both live and DJ'd kept the vibe alive
- The run-up through the grandstand with the flashbulbs, cowbells and screaming fans was the best!
- Drinking Pilsner and "encouraging" racers to try their best
- Racing in a field of 68 riders under the bright lights, tiki-torches, and Christmas lights at a race track!
Thanks to the organizers who dreamed big and made it happen, the volunteers who did so much, and all the racers and fans for cheering everybody on. It all added up to an incredible night.