Saturday, January 7, 2012

Up A Creek Report

I thought I'd be riding with Dan, Albert, Shaun and maybe Steven.  Turns out that none of them were able to make it and it was Curt and I that were lucky enough to explore our way up the creek this morning.  I wasn't sure it would be doable but Curt and I peddled and slipped (6 falls for Curt, 2 for me) our way to St. Poutine (possibly my favorite Saint).  We were both psyched to be able to ride it.  It was a great day with favorable weather and ice conditions.  It took us 3 hours and 20 minutes at a VERY reasonable pace.  Perennial good guy Jonny G came to drink a Caesar with us and drive us home.  Thanks J Bro.  Good times.

Hidden away on the creek

Culvert crossing with windmills in the distance

The payoff - poutine and Caesars with pickles - classy

3 comments:

  1. Delicious death. Still, better than a trip to the hospital. Good luck JP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I would have been with you guys! I spent 12 hours cutting, grinding, cutting, grinding then grinding, wrapping, grinding and wrapping. Next time?!

    ReplyDelete